Board Certified In Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
David S. Bouschor, II is a 1991 graduate of the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. Mr. Bouschor was a sole practitioner and a shareholder in a previous law firm until January 2000 when he opened The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. in Denton, Texas. For over twenty-five years, Mr. Bouschor’s legal practice has consisted of Family Law, Guardianship and Probate.
Since 1995 Mr. Bouschor has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization - a certification awarded to lawyers who have proven specialized knowledge of state laws, codes and who have tested experience in the trials and appeals of Family Law cases. He is also a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas and MENSA.
Mr. Bouschor prides himself on the highly individualized, quality service he can offer his clients as a smaller firm with large firm resources. Mr. Bouschor and his team work personally with his clients to get to know their full legal and personal situation and assess the client’s legal issues and help the them craft the best approach to dealing with the legal matter at hand. He is a firm believer in dispute resolution through negotiation. However, when negotiation fails, he has proven himself to be a skilled litigator.
Mr. Bouschor has spent significant time training other professionals on Guardianships and the Collaborative Divorce process. He has shared his expertise with statewide, national and international audiences. Other significant accomplishments include:
- Founder and current President and the Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (DCAP), the non-profit organization that supports the community by offering low cost mediations to resolve disputes, saving money and lessening the case load at the courthouse.
- Founder of the Denton County Bar Family Lawyers Section in 2001
- Selected to Super Lawyers (awarded by Thomson Reuters) from 2011- Present.
Professional Memberships & Accreditations
David Bouschor is an active member in the legal community and has served in the following organizations:
- Member – State Bar of Texas (1991- Present)
- Member – State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section (1991- Present)
- Member – State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section (1993-Present)
- Member – College of the State Bar of Texas (1994- Present)
- Member – Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists (1998- Present)
- Member – International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (2007- Present)
- Member – Denton County Bar Association (1991- Present)
- Member – Denton County Probate & Real Estate Section (1995- Present)
- Member – Denton County Bar Family Law Section (2001- Present)
- Member – Denton County Collaborative Family Law Association (2001- Present)
- Member – Global Collaborative Law Council, Inc. (2010- Present)
- Member – Collaborative Divorce Texas, (2004 – Present)
- Board of Directors - Flow Health Care Foundation, Inc. (1994 – Present)
- Board of Directors - Collaborative Divorce Texas (2017 – Present)
- President – Denton County Dispute Resolution Program
- Member – MENSA (1992-Present)