Schedule a Consultation
Se Habla Español
Over 25 Years of Quality Representation Treating Our Clients with the Utmost Respect & Dedication

Denton Child Support Lawyer

Put Decades of Experience to Work for You in Collin County & Wise County - Call (940) 202-8323

Child support can be another important legal issue that arises in your family’s lives. While both parents want what is best for the child, determining who helps with what payments and how much they owe can turn into a difficult situation.

Fortunately, with The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. on your side, you can trust that our Denton child support attorneys will work to uphold your rights and reach a solution as efficiently as possible. Since 1991, our firm has helped countless clients navigate a variety of family law issues in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. We are passionate advocates and provide our clients with the resources they need to make educated decisions about the future.

Hire a firm that thinks outside the box. Call The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. at (940) 202-8323 today for more information.

How Are Child Support Payment Calculated in Texas?

Texas law has set guidelines for establishing the amount of child support that one parent will pay to the other. The payment amount is calculated after the court evaluates a variety of factors pertaining to each spouse and the child.

These factors include the following, and more:

  • The income of the paying parent
  • The cost of health insurance
  • Any pre-existing child support obligations

Other child support factors not included in the child support calculations:

These other factors are included in “the support of your child”.

  • Extracurricular activities, such as school or athletic activities
  • Automobile costs when the child reaches 16
  • College costs

How Long Do I Have to Pay Child Support?

In Texas, by statute, the supporting parent is obligated to keep up child support payments until the child turns 18 years of age or until the child graduates high school, whichever happens first. In some cases, parents will continue child support payments to assist with college, but these are only if both parents agree to the payment.

Learn more about your options and whether one of our Denton child support attorneys can help you. Contact us at (940) 202-8323 today.

Contact the Family Lawyers You Need

Call (940) 202-8323 or Fill Out the Form Below
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.