Schedule a Consultation
Se Habla Español
Over 25 Years of Quality Representation Treating Our Clients with the Utmost Respect & Dedication

Enforcements Attorney in Denton

Upholding Client Rights Since 2000 in Collin County & Wise County

After a case is finalized and a court order is in place, it’s not uncommon for the other party to resist the terms of the order in place. In order to obtain compliance of a person not following the order of the court, an enforcement must be filed.

If you are experiencing resistance or believe terms of your order have been violated, speaking with one of our Denton attorneys can help you evaluate your options. The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. has helped numerous clients in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area since 2000 and can work with you to navigate your situation. We have the experience and resources to confidently handle even the most complex cases on your behalf.

Not sure what to do next? Give us a call at (940) 202-8323 today.

What Orders May Be Enforced?

Enforcement simply means the process by which one person is brought to obey a court order. In family law, court enforcement can deal with a range of matters.

These matters are commonly enforced:

  • Visitation
  • Child support
  • Powers and duties regarding the children
  • Property division
  • Spousal maintenance (alimony)

If court orders are not followed the person can be found to be in contempt of court, where penalties may include fines, attorneys fees, and/ or jail time.

How Does a Court Order Become Enforceable Through Contempt?

A court order must be clear and specific for it to be enforceable through contempt. This means the order must include specific commands, dates, times, locations, and more down to the smallest detail. If the court order is not this clear, the individual cannot be held in contempt, but rather the order can be revised for clarity before the individual has another opportunity to obey.

Put The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. on Your Side

At The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C., we understand the frustration of having to deal with a non-compliant party. We are here to provide you with practical advice on how to navigate the emotions and legal logistics of this situation.

Begin your case by contacting a Denton enforcement lawyer today.

Contact the Family Lawyers You Need

Call (940) 202-8323 or Fill Out the Form Below
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.