Filing for Divorce in Denton
Focused on Your Family. Backed by Decades of Experience.
Divorce can be a difficult and stressful experience, but it’s an experience that many families have to face. Although you may be intimidated or overwhelmed by the process, divorce can be the first step to a brighter and more secure future. With the right legal counsel, you will understand your options and ensure that your rights are upheld. Our firm will make sure that any remaining logistical matters will be resolved as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
At the Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C., we strive to be a refuge and a resource for clients going through divorce. We have helped many clients in Denton file for divorce. Our divorce attorneys are backed by decades of experience and are passionate about helping clients navigate even the most complicated cases. Over the years, we have established ourselves as a firm that thinks outside the box and utilizes resources that many other firms don’t think to use when handling a case. We proudly serve clients in Collin County and throughout the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex.
To learn more about your options moving forward, contact our firm at (940) 202-8323.
Handling Even the Most Complex Cases
No two divorces are alike. Whether you are dealing with an amicable situation or a contentious one, you can rely on our divorce lawyers to help you navigate the circumstances and uphold your rights.
There are two methodologies to handling your divorce:
- The litigation method: When a couple needs to negotiate and manage their divorce using the court system, with a judge or jury making the ultimate decision if a settlement is not reached.
- The collaborative method: When a parties wish to exclude the judge and/ or jury from the process of their divorce, and wish to negotiate the terms of their divorce and resolve their divorce by negotiating between themselves using their attorneys and mutually retained neutral professionals.
During your initial consultation, your attorney will listen to the details of your matter to advise and educate you so that you can make the decisions. We want to help you make informed decisions.
We can walk you through every aspect of your divorce, including:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Property division
- Community and separate property characterization
- Property evaluations (i.e. closely held of publicly traded businesses and real estate)
- Spousal maintenance (alimony)
aspects of a Litigated Divorce
Litigation is the most common method of obtaining a divorce in Texas.
Some of the many characteristics of litigated divorce include:
- An attorney represents you and your position in the divorce.
- Your attorney obtains information from the opposing party using legal discovery methods for a clearer picture of the issues at stake.
- Your attorney will make sure that all the steps in evaluating your property, whether it be characterization evaluation or ownership, are completed so that an equitable settlement offer can be formulated by you. If no settlement is possible, then the same evaluations will be used to present a clear and concise case to the court.
In a litigated divorce, if the case goes to court, the judge or a jury will have the final say in all aspects of your case. Your attorney will be presenting your case and the issues disputed to the court and persuading the judge and/or jury to obtain the best possible outcome.
Offering Thorough Representation in the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex
The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. approaches each case and every client with a holistic viewpoint. We are here to help you navigate the legal aspects of your case and to provide the support you need to handle the emotional, financial, and other personal aspects of the case as well.
Find out how we can help you by calling (940) 202-8323 today.