Guardianship Lawyers in Denton
Addressing Complicated Hurdles in the Legal Process
Guardianship is the process by which a vulnerable person can be protected from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. As such, it is an important legal matter to get right. Whether you have been appointed as a guardian for an incapacitated person or are seeking guardianship of a loved one who is mentally or physically incapacitated, our Denton guardianship attorneys can help you navigate the process.
The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. is backed by decades of experience and provides a high level of personal service to every client. We are passionate about providing quality legal services that are tailored to our clients’ specific circumstances and needs. Additionally, we provide compassionate support during what can be a difficult and emotional time.
We’ve helped countless clients in Collin County and the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex . Call (940) 202-8323 to learn more about our guardianship services.
Types of Guardianship in Texas
To establish a guardianship, you must prove:
- That the person in question is incapacitated due to age, mental disability, or physical disability
- The level of protection and care that the individual needs
- That the individual seeking the guardianship is qualified to act as guardian
There are two types of guardianship:
- Guardianship of the person: This can be established when the individual is an adult who is incapacitated due to physical or mental disabilities and needs assistance to care for their person. If the person in question is a minor, this type of guardianship is only available for an orphan.
- Guardianship of the estate: For an adult or minor person, this is established when an individual is incapacitated due to age or a disability and needs assistance to care for their property – both real and personal.
Depending on the needs of the ward – the person for whom the guardian cares – the guardian will have varying levels of responsibility and authority.
Call Our Firm for Experienced Representation in Collin County & the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex
Because of the high stakes of a guardianship case, it’s important to have a legal professional on your side who can make sure all the details are taken care of correctly and on time. Proving that you are suitable as a guardian is not always easy, but our guardianship lawyers in Denton are prepared to help you find a positive resolution to your case.
Find out more about your options by contacting us today.